Niche - a genetics survival game
Stray Fawn Studio
- Living, dynamic world to test your survival skills
- Breeding system based on real genetics
- Over 100 genes to shape your species
- Procedural worlds and animals
- Game mechanics inspired on population genetics
- 5 biomes featuring different predators, prey and flora to explore
While playing Niche, the player is introduced to the scientific mechanics of genetics (featuring dominant-recessive, co-dominant inheritance, etc). The game also features the five pillars of population genetics (genetic drift, genetic flow, mutation, natural selection, sexual selection). All knowledge is interwoven with the game-mechanics. This creates the effect of learning by playing.
Affiliate commission may be earned from Microsoft if you click a link and make a purchase.